Thursday, April 18, 2013

Boston yesterday

April 16th, 2013 08.30 WIB. Suddenly Instagram full the pictures about "Pray for Boston." So I checked my twitter, on CNN, Washington Post, LATimes, etc all about Boston. At our morning coffee as always, I said to my dad Boston just attacked by bombs at the marathon line right at their Patriots Day. My dad was only said that the tragedy reminded him about 9/11.
"Terrorist is still everywhere and everytime, but mostly happened in country or city where muslim is minority. Is that suicide bomb or what?" he asked.  "No. The bombs exploded in trash cans before the fisnish line. Twice," I said.
"Maybe America has forgotten about September 9," he said.
"Happened in country or city where muslim is minority? You mean muslim is behind the tragedy?" I asked.
"I think so, but there probably an organized of extreme muslim like Osama or Taliban," father added.
Since we have different faiths, we're always had hard discussion. Dad always blame Islam just because his lack of knowledge. Our discussion always end up forced into a corner. But that morning was unusual.
"We cann't blame Islam for the action of one man, people have their different interpretation about the teachings of a religion. Maybe that was just an extreme Islam organization. Whoever exploded the bombs will be punished," he explained.
Great improvement thought, he wasn't making a generalization about bombs action or terrorist action as muslim voices. "But don't forget that North Korea has threatened their homeland too. Who knows?!" I said. "I don't think so. North Korea is nothing," father denied.

No comments: