Thursday, April 18, 2013

a community : 커뮤니티

Menjadi tua dan berorganisasi itu penting. A community that accommodate the special needs. That's my parents doing. Once I was thinking after my dad retirements years ago there will be no interesting activities for him every morning, afternoon till night. He told me that retirement took him under the stressful. So I bought him some books, television on his bedroom, subscribed him newspaper and data package monthly for notebook. But that wasn't work enough. "My old eyes tired easily when reading small font too long. Yes I wear my glasses but that doesn't relieve eyestrain," he said.

It wasn't something that suddenly came up, but after retirement my dad and mom became a churchgoing person. They've found their community on church. Their age is about 55-80 and almost all of them is retirement of BUMN/PNS/military and none entrepreneur. Now I understand why someone become religious only when he/she gets older. Now they're so happy with their church community (Gregorius VI) and my dad succeeded become their new leader for the past 3 months replacing their prior leader. They share thoughts, laugh, and so regular prayer meeting at each member's house weekly. Make some quality time together...

No comments: